Housing and Construction
Concrete Hollow Block Test
- Determines the material's structural reliability and if it can withstand load requirements set by construction firms.
- Based on ASTM C140 -12 (Standard Test Methods for Sampling and Testing Concrete Masonry Units and Related Units).
Concrete Cylinder Test
- Analyzes the compressive strength of concrete cylinder to determine whether or not it can withstand specific forces or loads; concrete cylinder samples must be 6 inches in diameter and should be brought to the laboratory, labelled with specific curing time and then compressed.
- Based on ASTM C873-04 (Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Concrete Cylinders Cast in Place in Cylindrical Molds).
Full-Size Beam Bending Test
- Involves testing the beam’s bending strength and elasticity.
- Uses a state-of-the-art data acquisition system with real-time load-deflection graph for instantaneous data analysis.
- Based on ASTM D198 (Standard Methods of Static Tests of Lumber in Structural Sizes).
- Assess the physical and mechanical properties of wood and non-wood forest products such as moisture content, relative density, shrinkage, water absorption, thickness swelling, static bending, compression parallel, compression perpendicular, shear, toughness and hardness.
- Based on ASTM D143 (Standard Test Methods for Small Clear Specimens of Timber) and ASTM D1037 (Standard Test Methods for Evaluating Properties of Wood-Based Fiber and Particle Panel Materials).
Machine or Stress Grading of Lumber
- Is a non-destructive evaluation of the bending strength properties of lumber using a timber stress grading machine; tests based on full-size samples for higher reliability.
- Does away with wood species identification as engineers can rely solely on the lumber’s stress grade for structural purposes; stress-graded lumber marked to ensure traceability and to ascertain the quality of lumber in the market.
Pre-fabricated Wall Testing
- Is the country’s first and only state-of-the-art wall testing facility that can accommodate full-size wall systems up to 1.2 meters wide x 2.4 meters long.
- Can capture ‘real-time’ load deflection graphs for instantaneous data analysis using computer-aided data acquisition system.
- Can also measure the comprehensive and shear strength of pre-fabricated walls, preferably timber-framed wall systems.
- Based on the following test standards:
- ASTM E72 (Standard Test Methods of Conducting Strength Tests of Panels for Building Construction)
- ASTM E72 (Standard Practice for Static Load Test for Shear Resistance of Framed Walls for Buildings