Housing and Construction
Concrete Hollow Block Test
- Determines the material's structural reliability and if it can withstand load requirements set by construction firms.
- Based on ASTM C140 -12 (Standard Test Methods for Sampling and Testing Concrete Masonry Units and Related Units).
Concrete Cylinder Test
- Analyzes the compressive strength of concrete cylinder to determine whether or not it can withstand specific forces or loads; concrete cylinder samples must be 6 inches in diameter and should be brought to the laboratory, labelled with specific curing time and then compressed.
- Based on ASTM C873-04 (Standard Test Method for Compressive Strength of Concrete Cylinders Cast in Place in Cylindrical Molds).
Full-Size Beam Bending Test
- Involves testing the beam’s bending strength and elasticity.
- Uses a state-of-the-art data acquisition system with real-time load-deflection graph for instantaneous data analysis.
- Based on ASTM D198 (Standard Methods of Static Tests of Lumber in Structural Sizes).
- Assess the physical and mechanical properties of wood and non-wood forest products such as moisture content, relative density, shrinkage, water absorption, thickness swelling, static bending, compression parallel, compression perpendicular, shear, toughness and hardness.
- Based on ASTM D143 (Standard Test Methods for Small Clear Specimens of Timber) and ASTM D1037 (Standard Test Methods for Evaluating Properties of Wood-Based Fiber and Particle Panel Materials).